Tuesday, February 9, 2010

GAMING : Animated Roulette ????


I don't really mind people occasionally playing PlayStation/PSP/XBox or to say just Video Games but when they become obsessed and feel like they have to play at least three to four hours a day, it just takes the idea to a whole new extreme.
I find it hard to understand how these people can endlessly play Video Games, isolating themselves from everyone else. Even when two people play a Video Game together, they become so involved with the game losing all sense of happenings around them.
Seriously, where's the enjoyment in shooting someone like one does in Call of Duty/ Counter Strike or in Fifa, where you play "Cyber" Football, you play the same game again and again, surely it's more fun to play actual football, with real people? It does make me concerned for these people who spend most of their time in front of their TV with holding something with both hands... eh... a Gaming controller.. Don't think too much...
As a sociable person, I find it hard to understand why someone would sit in front of a TV, not talk to anyone else in the room, and just play what?? yeah, that's right.."Video Games". It just seems like a very boring thing to do. My brother and husband love to play Xbox/PSP,( Brother??, Husband??? WTF are you talking abt?? Right? Okay, read it till the end or you may have a wrong impression.., you might have lost the track too..so... ) My brother and husband love to play Xbox/PSP and when I look at their faces whilst they are playing, I see focus, intensity and "don't you dare disturb me look". I remember once my husband had thought he'd lost his PSP, I have never seen him panic so much and he threatened to hurt someone if it was not found. Whether he was serious or not, Who knows, but as a long time Video Game player you wouldn't want to mess with his console.
There are lot of arguments about people who play video games, but I get on with all of them, but just cant see why they would spend their time playing games rather than going out clubbing or whatever else.
But maybe, because I just like going out having a boogie, I prefer to dance rather than sit in front of a screen. Going to Yates, where you see so many people, maybe any of your freind, (that's quite hard though) and get to catch up on gossip and everyday life is so much more fun than playing on a Video Game against someone who you don't even know or a bloody computer operated soldier/Player.
Obviously people Video game for other reasons, but everyone has a friend they can talk to. Again, I don't mind people who play Video games, but its those who don't recognise the balance between reality and cyber who let down the majority.

On the contrary, I love playing games. Surprised?? Why the hell would I write such a stupid article then?? Okay, clearing the fog off your glasses, this post is dedicated to My lovely Sister "Nidhi" who keeps saying all this whenever I play (:P). I guess, now she'l believe, that I understand her and I don't do it intentionally, gaming is addictive and you just can't control yourself once you are into it, After all, what kind of insane kid would grow up to hate chocolate if your favorite Aunt owned a chocolaterie, huh?.... or maybe this post is just a platform to play more without getting disturbed next time. :P Keep thinking....

Adios, Keep playing Gamers !!!!
Go..Go...Go....!!!!
Gateway, bristol 10 feb

6 comments:

  1. Gamerzzzzz to go all the way !!! \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. well! what can I say? you two do get on my nerves when "mortal combat" goes on from 9am to 12pm. the poor console needs some rest too, guys ;) btw, the latest addiction in the house is forza3... and it ain't bad:) see you vrooooooo.....oming soon.cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... too funny... you don't look so crazy for games or do ya? Though you have million minus 1 games in ur PSP..(1 game in ur mind always to be downloaded) :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nidhi didi : I can understand your concern towards the console..

    @Chang : You got it dude, "million minus one" :) Absolutely right, the latest addiction is God of War :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lolz.... funny post... loved it.. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha ha... too good to be a post.... good job team... lets nail the bastards of deans court...

    ReplyDelete